DotCMS is an open source enterprise class content management system that integrates the best features of content management with built in personalization. It allows you to create data structures and create relationships between them. It also allows you to create containers included in templates that generate pages.
1. Create an environment
- Go to jelastic.com and sign up if you haven’t done it yet (you can do this on Servint or Host Europe servers) or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
- Ask Jelastic to create a new environment.
- In the Environment topology window, specify the resource limits, you want to be set for the environment (e.g. 8 cloudlets), select Tomcat 6 as your application server, pick MySQL as the database you want to use and type your environment name, for example, dotCMS, and click Create.
In a minute your environment with Tomcat 6 and MySQL will be created.
2. Upload a Java package
- Navigate to dotcms.com and select to Download and copy the URL of the latest dotCMS version.
- Go back to Jelastic , click Upload and paste the URL you have just copied.
- Once the package is in Jelastic, deploy it to the environment you have just created.
3. Configure database
- Click Config button for MySQL.
- In my.cnf file, type the following: lower_case_table_names=1. It makes your database case-insensitive. Click Save and Restart the database node after that.
- Click Open in browser button for MySQL.
- When you created your environment, Jelastic sent you an email with credentials to the database. Create a user account and the database using these credentials.
- Pick Config for Tomcat.
- You have to upload to the lib folder all required JAR files: MySQL connector, mail.jar, and dependence library log4j-1.2.16.jar.
- Upload dotcms_184.108.40.206.jar (it is in dotcms_220.127.116.11.zip) to webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/ lib.
- Go to Server folder and in the context.xml file, write up the database connection properties and mail settings.
4. Configure DotCMS
Now you can open dotCMS in a browser and and use all its functions!