We’ve shared with you detailed instructions on how to deploy a number of popular Java applications to the Jelastic cloud. Now, it is time for Cyclos, a complete on-line banking system with additional modules such as e-commerce and communication tools.
It’s pretty easy, just follow the steps below:
1. Create an environment
1. Go to Jelastic.com and sign up if you haven’t done it yet or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
2. While in Jelastic dashboard, click the Create environment button:
It will take just a minute for your environment to be created.
2. Upload a Java package
1. Navigate to the Cyclos web site and download the Basic installation package.
IMPORTANT: You need the Basic installation package – not something else.
2. Extract the files from zip package you have just downloaded and create a .WAR file from web folder contents (just put the contents of the Web folder to another zip archive file, for example cyclos.zip, and rename it to cyclos.war or any name with the .war extension).
3. Configure database
1. Click Open in browser button for MySQL.
4. Configure Cyclos
1. Go back to the Jelastic dashboard click Config button for Tomcat and upload the MySQL connector to the lib folder.
cyclos.host.url = http://cyclos.jelastic.com/)
hibernate.connection.url = jdbc:mysql://mysql-cyclos.jelastic.com/cyclos hibernate.connection.username = cyclos hibernate.connection.password = cyclos
Don’t forget to save your changes and restart Tomcat!
5. Start Cyclos
Finally, you can launch Cyclos and use all of its functions!
The default credentials are admin/1234.
With the “One click” install option you can have a Cyclos instance up and running within minutes. Our application packaging gives you rapid and stable multitenancy. The process is simple. Just a few clicks and you are done. Navigate to our Solutions page, select Cyclos from the list of available apps and get it hosted in a minute, skipping the steps of manual installation. You can find more details about Jelastic App Packaging here.
- Mobile Banking in the Cloud with Cyclos (jelastic.com)
- One-Click Java Cloud Hosting with Jelastic App Packaging (jelastic.com)