Here is a step-by-step instruction on how to deploy the Jease Content Management System, which is built on top of the most advanced open-source technologies existing in the Java-community, to the Jelastic cloud.
Jelastic can natively run any Java application with no code changes required, so the procedure below is applicable to most Java applications.
So let’s get started!
1. Create the environment
1. Go to jelastic.com and sign up if you haven’t done it yet, or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
2. Ask Jelastic to create a new environment.
3. In the Environment topology dialog which opens, select Jetty 6 as your application server, specify your environment name, for example, Jease and click Create.
Wait just a minute for your environment to be created.
2. Upload a Java package
1. Go to the Jease web site and download the latest Jease release.
2. Extract the files from the zip package you have just downloaded and upload the ROOT.WAR file (jease/webapps) to the Deployment manager.
3. Then deploy it to the environment you have just created.
2. Configure Jease
1. Open your application in a browser.
2. Go to http://jease.jelastic.com/cms/setup/ and create a new admin (specify admin name, login, password and type your email address).
3. You will be redirected to the front page. Enter your credentials.