Play! in the Cloud
You’ve been waiting for it…
And now, it’s here!
We have great news for you: Jelastic now supports Play framework! Thanks to all of our active users, this great feature is now available in Jelastic PaaS. Play! is one of the most popular frameworks out there. It is written in Java and helps developer build Web application more easily with Java and Scala.
So let’s get to it. Let’s deploy your Play! application to Jelastic right now!
1. Create the environment
1. Go to jelastic.com and sign up if you haven’t done so yet, or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
2. Ask Jelastic to create a new environment.
3. In the Environment Topology window, pick your application server (for example, Tomcat 6) and the database you want to use (for example MySQL). Then type your environment name, for example, playframework.
It will take just a minute for your environment to be created.
2. Configure database
1. Click the Open in browser button for MySQL.
Don’t forget to upload MySQL connector to the lib folder and restart Tomcat!
3. Create an application
1. Go to the playframework.org and download the latest Play! framework version.
2. Unzip the package you have just downloaded.
3. Run Play framework using command line (C:play on Windows,~/play on Linux):
4. Install Jelastic’s module on Play:
...play-1.2.4>play install jelastic
5. Once the module is successfully installed create a new application with Jelastic support:
...play-1.2.4>play new jelasticapp --with=jelastic
6. Once your application is created change the application.conf file of your project (play-1.2.4jelasticappconfig). Uncomment the part of file which includes Jelastic Account configuration and change all the required strings to the following:
7. In this file, uncomment full JDBC configuration and change the database URL, driver, user and password according to your database:
8. Increase db.pool.timeout to 10000 ms in connections pool configuration of application.conf file:
9. Create your application as you usually do.
10. Deploy your application to Jelastic cloud:
...play-1.2.4>play jelastic:deploy jelasticapp