Here’s a detailed instruction set on how to deploy xinco DMS, a Document Management System for files, text, URLs and contacts, featuring ACLs, version control, full text search and an FTP-like client, to Jelastic Cloud. It is a powerful and quite popular DMS, so we wanted to show you how it would work in Jelastic.
It’s pretty easy, just follow the steps below:
1. Create an environment
1. Go to Jelastic.com and sign up if you haven’t done it yet or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
2. While in Jelastic dashboard, click the Create environment button:
3. In the Environment Topology dialog, pick your application server (for example, Tomcat 7) and the database you want to use (for example MySQL). Then type your environment name, for example, xinco.
Wait just a minute for your environment to be created.
2. Upload a Java package
1. Navigate to xinco.org and download the xinco DMS server as a zip file.
2. Extract the files from zip package you have just downloaded and create a .WAR file from the xinco folder contents (xinco-DMS-3.00.00 M3/webapps/xinco). Put the contents of the xinco directory to the zip archive file, for example xinco.zip, and rename it to xinco.war or any name with the .war extension
3. Upload your Java package to the Deployment manager.
4. Once the package is in Jelastic, deploy it to the environment you have just created.
3. Configure database
1. Click Open in browser button for MySQL.
2. When you created the environment, Jelastic sent you an email with credentials to the database. Use these credentials to create a user account and the database with the application.
4. Configure xinco
1. Go back to the Jelastic dashboard click Config button for Tomcat and upload the MySQL connector to the lib folder.
2. Open the context.xml file (webapps/ROOT/META-INF/context.xml) and set the database configuration.
5. Start xinco
Now you can launch xinco DMS in a web browser and use all it’s cool functions!
Easy, right? Cheers!