Google Web Toolkit (GWT) is an open-source set of tools for building and optimizing complex Java applications. GWT is used by many Google products. It’s completely free and used by thousands of developers around the world.
Let’s deploy the GWT application to Jelastic and you’ll see how easy it is.
1. Create an environment
1. Go to jelastic.com and sign up if you haven’t done so yet, or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
2. While in Jelastic dashboard, click the Create environment button at the top left.
In a minute your environment will be created.
2. Application deployment
1. Create your GWT application as you usually do.
2. Create a WAR file in any way you like. To any application, the output of the GWT Compiler is purely static content .
We use simply GWT hello application as an example. If you want to deploy this application too, just upload The Google Web Toolkit SDK, unzip this package and create a WAR file from the WAR folder contents (gwt-2.4.0/samples/Hello/war).
3. Upload your Java package to the deployment manager.
Open your application in a web browser and enjoy!