How to use the New Relic Agent in Jelastic, Deploying Spring applications and More. . .
The Jelastic newsletter is a weekly round-up of news, how-to’s and contribution opportunities. Here’s what’s happening this week:
Using the New Relic Agent within Jelastic
- Go to jelastic.com and sign up if you haven’t done so yet, or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
- While in the Jelastic dashboard, click the Create environment button at the top left.
- Pick your application server (for example, Tomcat 6) and specify your environment name, for example, newrelic.
- Wait just a minute for your environment to be created.
- Go to NewRelic.com. Create a free account and then download NewRelic.
- Extract the files from your download and upload the newrelic.jar and newrelic.yml files to the home folder.
- Open variables.conf file (server folder) and specify the path to jar file according to environment variables:
- Save the changes and restart Tomcat.
- Upload your WAR file in the Deployment Manager.
- Deploy it to the environment you created earlier.
Deploying your Spring applications using Jelastic
- Run NetBeans IDE and create a new Java Web Application: choose the type of the project, specify the name and the path to your project, pick your application server (for example Tomcat 7) and select Spring as the framework you want to use.
- Create your WAR file.
- NetBeans will show the path to the WAR you have just created.
- Create an environment.
- Upload and deploy the package.
- If you are on ServInt and want to know how the billing system works, this page will clarify it for you.
- A lot of people have been asking when we are coming out of beta with dogado or Rusonyx: at this point in time, we don’t have an exact date, but we are workinghard to make it happen. Not too far away!
If you have any questions please let us know. You can reach us for support at Support@Jelastic or with more general questions at Info@Jelastic.com.