PrimeFaces is one of the most popular UI frameworks in Java Ecosystem and widely used by software companies, world renowned brands, banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, universities and more. PrimeFaces is a lightweight library, all decisions made are based on keeping PrimeFaces as lightweight as possible. Usually adding a third-party solution could bring a overhead however this is not the case with PrimeFaces. It is just one single jar with no dependencies and nothing to configure.
Create an environment
1. Go to jelastic.com and sign up if you haven’t done so yet, or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
2. While in Jelastic dashboard, click the Create environment button at the top left.
3. In the Environment Topology dialog, pick your application server (for example, Tomcat 6). Then type your environment name, for example, primefacestest.
Wait just a minute for your environment to be created.
Upload a Java package
1. Upload your war file to the Deployment manager (we use prime-showcase-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war as an example).
2. Once the package is in Jelastic, deploy it to the environment you have created earlier.
Start your application
That’s all you have to do! Now you can launch your application in a web browser and enjoy.