OpenWGA is Web Content Management computer software running on the Java Enterprise Edition Platform. It is used to build, manage and publish websites and content-centric web applications. Let’s deploy this great application to Jelastic cloud!
Jelastic can natively run any Java application with no code changes required so the procedure below is applicable to most Java applications.
Create the environment
1. Go to jelastic.com and sign up if you haven’t done it yet or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
2. Click Create environment to set up a new environment in Jelastic.
3. In the environment constructor, select Tomcat 7 as your application server, and specify your environment name: e.g. openwga, then click Create.
In a minute or so your environment will be ready.
Upload Java package
1. Go to www.openwga.com, click on Downloads -> Sources -> openwga-6.0.0-sources to download the latest OpenWGA CMS community edition.
2. Extract the files from the package you have just downloaded.
3. Create a WAR file from the WebContent folder contents (openwga-6.0.0-sources/WGAPublisher/WebContent).
Just put the contents of the WebContent folder to another zip archive file, for example wga.zip, and rename it to wga.war or any name with the .war extension.
4. Switch to Jelastic and upload your WAR file to the Deployment manager.
5. After the upload is complete deploy this package to the environment you have created earlier.
1. Click config button for Tomcat and upload mail.jar and activation.jar to the lib folder.
2. Restart Tomcat.
1. Open your application in a web browser.
2. Go to http://openwga.your-domain/admin, log in (username: admin, password: wga) and you can start using OpenWGA with all its functionality.