Mobile Banking in the Cloud with Cyclos

By July 30, 2012 HowTo 107 Comments
Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInEmail this to someone

One of the coolest things to happen to banking is the advent of mobile phones. One of the advantages is the ability to use SMS messages for your banking. Though there are other options, it’s the most widely available one and it is really easy to setup if you have Cyclos running on Jelastic.

Recently, we wrote about how to deploy Cyclos, a really popular on-line payment system, to Jelastic. Here’s a follow up how-to for those of you that would like to activate and use the SMS functionality of Cyclos. The Cyclos SMS module uses plain SMS messages, which means that it’s mobile phone handset agnostic. It is a separate module that connects to Cyclos at one end and to a mobile phone operator or SMS gateway provider at the other end.

Installing the Cyclos SMS Module

1. Create an environment in Jelastic and deploy Cyclos there. You can find a detailed tutorial on how to do this here.

2. Go to Cyclos web-site and download Cyclos SMS module.

3. Extract the files from the package, you have just downloaded.

4. Create a WAR file from the simulator folder contents (just put the contents of the simulator folder into a zip archive file, for example sms.zip, and rename it to sms.war or any name with the .war extension).

5. Upload your Java package to the Deployment manager.

6. Once the package is in Jelastic, deploy it to the environment you have created earlier. Notice: You have to specify another context (for example sms), because cyclos.war has been already deployed to the ROOT context.

Configure the database

1. While you were creating the environment, Jelastic sent you an email with credentials to your database. Using these credentials login to the MySQL admin page and create a new database named cyclos3_sms_aio.

2. Now import sms_driver.ddl, sms_controller.ddl and session_keys_en.dml schemas which can be found in the db folder in the zip package you have downloaded.

Note: Make sure you import the schemas in the above listed order.

Configure the SMS simulator

1. Go back to Jelastic dashboard and click the Config button for Tomcat.

2. Modify the database settings in the baseDriverConfig.properties file (webapps/sms /WEB-INF/classes/baseDriverConfig.properties) according to your installation.

For example:

db.connection.url=jdbc:mysql://mysql-cyclostest.hoster's_domain/cyclos3_sms_aio
db.connection.username=root
db.connection.password=password

2. In the same file, edit the value of the phone.with.area.code.len property if necessary: this must be the number of digits of the phone number together with the area code.

For example:

phone.with.area.code.len=9

Please leave the phone.area.code.prefix and phone.country.code empty, otherwise the simulator will not work correct.

3. Navigate to config.xml (webapps/sms/WEB-INF/classes/config.xml) and in the section controller > cyclosInstances > cyclosInstance > connection settings change the value of the attribute rootUrl to point to the installed Cyclos instance.

For example:

rootUrl=" http://cyclostest.hoster's_domain"

4. In the section cyclosInstance > memberSettings edit the line:

<principalSettings regexp="^(d){<amountOfPhoneNumberDigits>}$"/>

Put the max and min for the amount of digits separated by a comma.

For example:

<principalSettings regexp="^(d){7,9}$"/>

If the amount of digits of the mobile phone numbers are always the same just put in one number.

For example:

<principalSettings regexp="^(d){9}$"/>

5. Open simulatorDriverConfig.properties file (WEB-INF/classes/simulatorDriverConfig.properties) and insert the URL to your Cyclos instance.

For example:

cyclos.ws.baseUrl= http://cyclostest.hoster's_domain

6. Define the number of digits for phone numbers, by default the configuration is set to 9 digit mobile phone numbers.

For example:

simulator.phoneLength=9

Make sure that number defined the setting ‘tx.sendTo’ has a mapping to a valid Cyclos instance. The Cyclos instance name can be set in Admin menu > Settings > Local Settings > Identification for external channels.

7. Restart Tomcat.

Now you can open the SMS simulator in a web browser and start using it to test the SMS functionality of Cyclos without the need of connectivity to a mobile phone operator or SMS gateway provider.

Once you have finished testing you have to decide how you want to send and receive the SMS messages. You have a number of options: a gateway on a mobile phone or an external SMS gateway provider. Here are instructions on how to Install gateway on a mobile phone and Connect to an SMS gateway provider.

Related article

107 Comments

• Titus says:

Marina thanks a lot for this sms module its what i have been waiting for.Please would you help me setup the smartphone mobile application?I am planning to do all the hosting with jelastic.

Thanks Marina,
    The post has been very helpful. I’ve followed the instructions through and I can browse to my simulator page.
    But I cannot log in with a registered number. No action results when hit the submit button.
    What could the problem be?

• Please ensure that you specified the correct number of digits everywhere, restart your server and try again.

• Gasu Daniel says:

Simulator is still not allowing login. It just sits there and watch me.

These are sample from my configuration files

phone.with.area.code.len=10

<connectionSettings rootUrl="http://excedi.jelastic.servint.net/&quot;

cyclos.ws.baseUrl=http://excedi.jelastic.servint.net

simulator.phoneLength=10

• Gasu Daniel says:

Thanks Marina, I found the hitch, ip for the web service was set wrongly in cyclos configuration

Hi Marina

I think I want to move on to deploying the “gateway” for my app after successfully testing with the sms simulator. I have configured the base driver properties and config.xml same as for the sms simulator. I heve tried to do this on my own for the past week to no avail. I keep getting
    “HTTP Status 404 –

type Status report

message

description The requested resource () is not available.”
    Could there be anything I’m missing.

• Gasu Daniel says:

I’m sure I did create war file it well
    Same thing I did for simulator.

• Gasu Daniel says:

Hi Marina, I sent my credentials but not heard from you yet.

• Gasu Daniel says:

Should I send the credentials again

• Gasu Daniel says:

I’m sending it again then

• Hey, Gasu!
      I have checked your environment and notice that you renamed cyclos3_sms_aio database to exediMOB, but have you specified this changes in any config file? Also, there are no password in “# User and Password access” section of httpDriverConfig.properties file.

Hi Maria,

I have specified all the new changes in the base driver and the config.xml.
        With http driver settings, we are allowing members to send commands to us yet, we just want to be able to send notifications on transactions by sms that’s how come I’ve decided to leave the rx. portions out.

• Gasu,

Thank you for contacting Jelastic. We identified your status as a “paid user”. Please, be informed that Jelastic is obligated to guide you to your hosting provider support services for incident resolution.

You can contact your Hosting Provider support services by clicking Help | Contact Support in the Jelastic dashboard.

P.S. [I suggest you to remove NGINX from your environment, because I have found the next warning in your logs: WARN AccessControlFilter – Access denied. Type: monitor. IP: 192.168.2.210. I think this will help]

————-
      Information provided AS-IS with no warranty of any kind

Hi Marina,

I have deployed the cyclos sms gateway module and It was a success, but on jelastic platform I’m getting errors.

As I pointed out earlier in my previous posts, I’ve been able to deploy the sms simulator and tested with no problems.

I also wanted to know how the sms monitor will be accessed on jelastic.

Finally I want to know if anyone has been able to deploy the sms gateway module on jelastic and in particular, you.

I also realised that if I disconnect the sms db I get this

HTTP Status 404 -sms

type Status report

message

description The requested resource (/sms/) is not available.

But when I input the correct configurations I get a slightly different error

HTTP Status 404 –

type Status report

message

description The requested resource () is not available.

So my point is I’m sure the problem is from jelastic or something else to configure when it comes to the sms gateway module

Thanks

Hi Marina,
    I just want to clarify some things about your earlier post. Are you saying that the problem could be from my hoster and for that matter I should contact them for assistance with regards to this sms gateway difficulties?.

• Hi, Gasu!

P.S. Now I’m working on the new instruction on how to install sms module with gateway app. So, stay tuned to our blog!

Thanks Marina

Hi marina,
    ent
    It looks like jelastic has a problem with webshop clients deployment. it accepts connections from only one ip(192.168.0.1), ie only one weshop client will be allowed to do payments. I’m supposed to to be able to register as many webshop clients as possible, with their different server ip’s. Can you please check this error for me.

Hi Marina,
    Could yiu please respond to my post on the webclients issue.
    Thanks

• […] we showed you how to install the Cyclos SMS simulator on Jelastic Java Platform. Here’s a quick how-to on installing the Cyclos SMS module […]

• Gasu Daniel says:

Hi marina, I’ve managed to got round the web client stuff to do it another way, but sms gateway module is still a challenge. We are actually using a gateway service provider to deploy the sms notifications. Can you check my configuration for me. thanks

• Hi, Gasu!

I’m obligated to guide you to your hosting provider support services for incident resolution, because you are the paid user.

Did you create the ticket there? Did they give you a response? If no, please send me the number of the ticket I’ll escalate this question.

• Bravo! Marina, finally, Cyclos is deployed on Jelastic. Thanks for your support. i have these issue to resolve:
    1. I am using the Cyclos3 android app,when I try to login it always display: “Please check the following translation key (At the admin section: Translation-Application): mobile.welcomeMessage”. How do I resolve this. i have logged in as admin, checked the mobile.welcomeMessage. It is there. Please what should i do?

2. I try to deploy the sms module, created a new context called sms, when I try to check for this context I could not find it, which I think should be under ROOT in the webapps directory, please what should I do? Thanks.

• Hey!

I’m glad that you have coped with deployment:)

“I try to deploy the sms module, created a new context called sms, when I try to check for this context I could not find it, which I think should be under ROOT in the webapps directory, please what should I do?”

Have you tried to reload the page?

” I am using the Cyclos3 android app,when I try to login it always display: “Please check the following translation key (At the admin section: Translation-Application): mobile.welcomeMessage”. How do I resolve this. i have logged in as admin, checked the mobile.welcomeMessage. It is there. Please what should i do?”

Sorry, but I did not test this app, so I’m incompetent in such questions. I think it’s better to ask guys from Cyclos team.

• Ok. Thank you very much. I did as you said much earlier and I found that it only requires me to close the tomcat config tab, reload it, and to re-open it again. It worked! Thanks a lot for the reply. For the translation stuff, I’ll contact them.

• barry says:

Hi Marina,

I am having problems importing the “session_keys_en.dml. The feedback I get is “MySQL said:

#1146 – Table ‘cyclos3_sms_aio.session_key’ doesn’t exist”. Can you help me?

• Hello, Barry!
      Please, try to delete your user and come through the database configuration steps one more time. To be honest I did not face with such a problem creating this instruction. If you have any problems again, please let me know.

• barry says:

Marina,

Do you have an already made war file for the cyclos sms banking just like the one at http://goo.gl/zSt5N?

• Barry says:

Assist me create the war file. Thanks

• Barry says:

It worked!!! Thank you so much.

Marina,

The sms simulator page loads alright but does not respond to anything. Can I send my credentials to your email for further checking? Redgards

• Barry says:

When I enter the phone number and click submit, nothing happens. I have specified 10 digits in the configurations and I registered a user with the mobile number I am using but nothing happens.

• Barry says:

Marina, I have checked several times otherwise I will not be asking for your assistance. If you have any help to offer let me know because I really need it.

Marina,

Any assistance for me. I am frustrated and need some help to get the sms simulation up and running to test the sms functionality. I am waiting for your reply.

• Hello Barry!
        Sorry, I’m very busy now:( I’ll try to help you tomorrow.

• Barry,

P.S. Please check the ip for the web service in Cyclos configuration, maybe it is set wrongly.

• Stuart says:

Hi Marina – What is the correct IP here ? The documentation states local host 127.0.0.1 or should it be the public IP

• Barry says:

Thanks Marina, i took your advise and I contacted the support. What I want from you is where to find the ip for web services in cyclos configuration and what should the ip be? Thanks

• Stuart says:

Hello Marina – I noticed that the time zone on my cyclos differs from what I see in the sms logs – How can I adjust the sms.war setting in Jelastic – Would this cause the problem Barry and I are seeing ???

Marina,

Where can i find the ip?

• Barry, sorry, but I’m obligated to guide you to your hosting provider support services for incident resolution. Have you already created the ticket? Have they responded to you?

• Barry says:

Yes, I have created the ticket and I got an automated response. Since then nothing!!!! What I need is a solution and I am not getting that. I need you to assist me get the sms simulation working. I have sent my credentials but you wont even take a look to see how you can help. i need your assistance now more than ever. Will you help me?

• Barry, I can not log in to paid users’ accounts, it’s against our policy. Besides I’m not a support engineer.

• Barry says:

I understand but you can help me with suggestions on what to do? I have been asking “where can I find the IP”, but you have refused to answer. My simulation is not working, what do i do?

• Bravo! Marina. I got SMS simulator deployed but could not login with my mobile number, what could be the problem? I will send my details to your email. Thanks.

• Aloha! Thanks for the reply, Marina. I have tried all I could, as well changed the web service url to point to cyclos. My configuration details are thus:

1. In cyclos:
    web service : cyclos.jelastic.servint.net
    Local settings>Send SMS Web Service URL:http://cyclos.jelastic.servint.net/sms/services/smsSender
    Channels>SMS: http://cyclos.jelastic.servint.net/sms/services/paymentRequest
    Custom fields>Member fields>mobilephone>input pattern: ##########

2. In configuration files:
    phone.with.area.code.len=10. This is done in all the 3 configuration files which are baseDriverConfig, config.xml, simulatorDriverConfig

Please kindly login and help me check what could be the problem.
    email: cyclos123@yahoo.com
    password: ndf123

or, in any of this configuration settings where have I made any mistake?

• Barry says:

Hi Marina, can you create a war file from the new cyclos3 sms 1.2.1 released a few days ago?

• Thanks very much. Ny depth appreciation goes beyond writing.

• I have as well changed it now to 10, yet it did not work.

• Barry says:

Marina, how do I upgrade cyclos 3.7 to 3.7.1? My sms simulation is still not working. You still cant help?

• Download the upgrade package here http://www.cyclos.org/download and find in Cyclos Wiki instruction on how to migrate from one version to another (I guess it has to be there).

• Barry says:

There is some instructions there but for a geek like me, it is too technical. I have downloaded the upgrade package and i have read the instructions several times but cant find my way around it. It has to be step by step and in a simple language. Can you help?

• @Barry
    Steps to create an SMS war file:
    1. Download the SMS zip file from cyclos website here: http://www.cyclos.org/download
    2. Extract the SMS zip file you downloaded. This is to unzip it so that you can access the folders in it.
    3. Open the SMS folder by double clicking it, you will see the other sub-folders in it.
    4. Among the folders in it look for simulator folder.
    5. Open it by double clicking it.
    6. Copy / cut all the contents in it.
    7. Go back to the original zipped SMS file you downloaded.
    8. Right click on it and click on paste.
    9. A dialog may come up asking that you want to add the contents to the zipped folder, click OK. It will be added to that zipped file. Follow the process through.
    10. Because your zipped file is thus named: cyclos3-sms_1.2.zip
    11. Right click on it and press rename, then the name becomes editable.
    12. Rename it to sms.war
    13. A dialog comes up asking if truly you want to rename it, that after this, it will not become editable, click YES.
    14. This is the .war file you are to upload to your jelastic server.
    It took me some days trynig to figure it, thanks to God and good contributor like Marina that helped out.

• Barry says:

Marina, this is my sms controller driver detail log and obviously, something is wrong. Any assistance?

2012-11-09 22:20:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:20:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:21:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:21:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:23:40
    2012-11-09 22:21:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:22:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:22:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:23:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:23:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:25:40
    2012-11-09 22:23:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:24:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:24:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:25:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:25:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:27:40
    2012-11-09 22:25:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:26:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:26:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:27:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:27:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:29:40
    2012-11-09 22:27:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:28:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:28:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:29:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:29:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:31:40
    2012-11-09 22:29:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:30:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:30:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:31:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:31:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:33:40
    2012-11-09 22:31:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:32:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:32:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:33:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:33:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:35:40
    2012-11-09 22:33:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:34:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:34:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:35:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:35:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:37:40
    2012-11-09 22:35:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:36:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:36:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:37:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:37:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:39:40
    2012-11-09 22:37:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:38:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:38:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:39:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:39:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:41:40
    2012-11-09 22:39:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:40:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:40:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:41:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:41:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:43:40
    2012-11-09 22:41:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:42:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:42:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:43:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:43:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:45:40
    2012-11-09 22:43:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:44:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:44:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:45:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:45:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:47:40
    2012-11-09 22:45:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:46:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:46:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:47:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:47:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:49:40
    2012-11-09 22:47:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:48:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:48:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:49:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:49:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:51:40
    2012-11-09 22:49:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:50:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:50:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:51:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:51:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:53:40
    2012-11-09 22:51:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:52:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:52:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:53:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:53:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:55:40
    2012-11-09 22:53:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:54:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:54:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:55:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:55:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:57:40
    2012-11-09 22:55:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:56:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:56:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:57:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:57:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 22:59:40
    2012-11-09 22:57:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:58:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:58:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:59:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 22:59:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:01:40
    2012-11-09 22:59:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:00:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:00:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:01:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:01:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:03:40
    2012-11-09 23:01:47 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:02:17 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:02:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:03:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:03:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:05:40
    2012-11-09 23:03:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:04:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:04:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:05:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:05:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:07:40
    2012-11-09 23:05:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:06:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:06:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:07:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:07:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:09:40
    2012-11-09 23:07:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:08:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:08:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:09:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:09:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:11:40
    2012-11-09 23:09:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:10:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:10:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:11:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:11:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:13:40
    2012-11-09 23:11:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:12:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:12:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:13:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:13:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:15:40
    2012-11-09 23:13:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:14:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:14:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:15:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:15:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:17:40
    2012-11-09 23:15:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:16:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:16:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:17:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:17:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:19:40
    2012-11-09 23:17:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:18:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:18:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:19:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:19:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:21:40
    2012-11-09 23:19:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:20:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:20:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:21:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:21:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:23:40
    2012-11-09 23:21:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:22:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:22:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:23:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:23:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:25:40
    2012-11-09 23:23:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:24:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:24:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:25:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:25:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:27:40
    2012-11-09 23:25:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:26:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:26:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:27:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:27:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:29:40
    2012-11-09 23:27:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:28:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:28:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:29:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:29:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:31:40
    2012-11-09 23:29:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:30:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:30:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:31:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:31:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:33:40
    2012-11-09 23:31:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:32:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:32:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:33:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:33:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:35:40
    2012-11-09 23:33:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:34:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:34:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:35:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:35:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:37:40
    2012-11-09 23:35:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:36:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:36:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:37:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:37:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:39:40
    2012-11-09 23:37:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:38:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:38:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:39:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:39:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:41:40
    2012-11-09 23:39:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:40:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:40:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:41:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:41:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:43:40
    2012-11-09 23:41:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:42:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:42:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:43:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:43:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:45:40
    2012-11-09 23:43:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:44:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:44:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:45:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:45:40 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:47:40
    2012-11-09 23:45:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:46:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:46:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:47:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:47:41 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:49:41
    2012-11-09 23:47:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:48:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:48:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:49:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:49:41 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:51:41
    2012-11-09 23:49:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:50:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:50:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:51:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:51:41 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:53:41
    2012-11-09 23:51:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:52:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:52:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:53:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:53:41 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:55:41
    2012-11-09 23:53:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:54:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:54:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:55:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:55:41 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:57:41
    2012-11-09 23:55:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:56:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:56:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:57:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:57:41 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 09 2012 at 23:59:41
    2012-11-09 23:57:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:58:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:58:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:59:18 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…
    2012-11-09 23:59:41 DEBUG SessionHandler – Removing expired sessions. Next execution: Nov 10 2012 at 00:01:41
    2012-11-09 23:59:48 DEBUG DriverEngine – Running message failed retry thread…

• Hello, Barry!

Sorry for the delay. Thanks a lot for your report! A bug is really present in the simulator and we have already informed Cyclos guys about this. When they fix this problem, I’ll let you know.

Best regards.

Hi Marina,

Can you create a war file for me from the gateway folder in the cyclos3-sms_1.2.1 package?

Secondly, I was told that for the sms simulator to run I needed to replace my domain name with “localhost” in the config files for the hoster .eu and it worked. Is this solution same for the sms monitor?

I have been working on the sms module for some time now and I am not getting the results I desire.

I hope you can help me out with the war file from the gateway folder and some ideas to get the sms module working.

Regards

• Hello, Barry!
      Here’s the war file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/60766264/sms.war and here are the instructions on how to setup sms module (but note that scenario with modem works only for local installation).
      Best regards

• Barry says:

Thanks Marina, I have been waiting for this but it looks like the same war file you gave me for the sms simulation. I meant for a war file from the gateway folder.

• Barry, it’s not the same file. Looks like you have not even check its contents. I used the same name, because it is needed for further installation.

• Barry says:

Sorry Marina, it was exactly what I requested for.

After configuring the files, the feedback I get when I launch the sms module in the browser is “Oops! This link appears to be broken.” Any ideas for me as I have gone through the configuration several times already.

Regards

Hi Marina,

I am still getting the feedback “Oops! This link appears to be broken.” I need your assistance.

Regards

• Daniel says:

Hi marina,
    Has anybody been able to deploy the sms package using an external gateway service provider. Can you share with us how to do that.

• Joseph says:

Hi, I have tried setting up Cyclos using the very latest versions of Cyclos (cyclos 3.7.3 standalone) and SMS Module (Cyclos3_sms_1.2.2) to no success. Cyclos works very well but unfortunately, the sms simulator does absolutely nothing when you click submit (after entering the phone number. Note the phone length is configured accurately). I searched through the forum and noticed this could be a bug. It was recommended that one changes the url to localhost. None of my changes has bared any success. Do you have some recommendations / updates / new configuration instructions to get the simulator running on the latest versions of Cyclos? The setup is running on Java7, Tomcat 7, mysql5. Many thanks in advance.

• Marina Sprava says:

Hello, Joseph!

A bug is really present in the simulator and we have already informed Cyclos guys about this. Keep in touch with Cyclos docs to be informed when the bug is fixed.

Best regards,
      Marina

• Filippus Shilongo says:

Hey Marina,

I have the same problem where the simulator fails to respond (fails to login) after you have entered the mobile number.

I had same the problem on my local server, but I found a fix in that ” cyclos.embedded.sms.enable” was not enabled in the “cyclos.properties” file before running tomcat for the first time.

I did an automated “Enviroment and Cyclos” on my jelastic installation, and in “cyclos.properties” file the same cyclos.embedded.sms.enable” property is set to “false” which means there is no “preconfigured SMS settings” on the default database. COULD THIS BE THE BUG?

I’m still struggling to install Cyclos manually on a jelastic enviroment, so I can prove weather that is the bug.

In the mean time I’m still waiting on the “Cyclos team” for a fix, but without time stamps on the posts in this thread its kind of hard to know how recent are the responses.

Best Regards!
        Filip

• Marina Sprava says:

Thanks for the info, Filip. We’ll check if this page works and let the Cyclos team know.

• Filippus Shilongo says:

And Please! Can anyone who have gone pass the “Simulator login” page, offer a solution on this wide spread problem..!

Regards
        Filip

• clayonce says:

Hello Marina,

Thank you for all the support you have been dashing out on this page, i have deployed cyclos successfully but when i get to the point where i need to run the simulator for testing i get this error message

HTTP Status 404-/smssimulator
    type Status report
    message /smssimulator
    description the requested resource is not available

what do i have to do to get ahead