Build Your Private Projects in the Cloud
We have great news for all Maven users: you can now add your private projects to Jelastic and build them in the cloud. Jelastic takes your application’s source code directly from your version control repositories no mater what kind of link you provide: http, https or git. It is faster and uses less bandwidth, you get the efficiency of the cloud and can keep using your computer without any extra load and your project can stay unavailable for outsiders within your private Git repository.
A big thank you goes to all 1282 users who voted for this feature!
Note: this feature is available beginning from version 1.8.2.
Now let’s see how you can add your private or public project(s) to your Jelastic environment.
1. Go to jelastic.com and sign up if you haven’t done so yet or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
2. Click Create environment to set up a new environment in Jelastic.
3. Specify your resource limits in the environment constructor, pick an application server and select Maven as your build tool. Then type your environment name, for example, myenv, and click Create.
4. Add your project to Maven.
5. In the dialog, navigate to Git tab. Specify your project name, Path (git, http or https link) to your project, Branch, Login and Password to your repository, name of your Environment, Context in which you will deploy your project, and click Add.
That’s all you have to do! Now, just click on Build and deploy and enjoy.
Don’t forget to vote for new features here! The more votes a feature gets – the higher priority it gets in the development roadmap.
- Build in the cloud: Jelastic has Maven now (jelastic.com)