TomEE coming in Jelastic soon
While TomEE is not yet available in production – it works great in our labs so will become available from our hosting partners in a few weeks.
We love TomEE! It provides application developers with the best technology stack that can be deployed to a simple Java EE container. This application server combines several enterprise projects including Apache OpenEJB, Apache OpenWebBeans, Apache OpenJPA, Apache MyFaces and more. In one word: Tomcat + Java EE = TomEE.
The Web Profile version of TomEE contains
- CDI - Apache OpenWebBeans
- EJB - Apache OpenEJB
- JPA - Apache OpenJPA
- JSF - Apache MyFaces
- JSP - Apache Tomcat
- JSTL - Apache Tomcat
- JTA - Apache Geronimo Transaction
- Servlet - Apache Tomcat
- Javamail - Apache Geronimo JavaMail
- Bean Validation - Apache BVal
So with TomEE you get:
- A full-blown app server, but at the same time it stays simple and avoids architecture overhead. ”Less is more” is the philosophy of Apache TomEE. It delivers Java EE 6 Web Profile in the simplest way possible.
- Lightweight server: you can run applications without any additional runtime requirements or startup time for larger applications.
- Full compatibility with most of Tomcat-aware and Tomcat-tested tools.
- The environment will be completely familiar to you, if you are Tomcat user, no need to learn something new.
With Jelastic, getting an automatically scaling cloud based on TomEE is as easy as selecting TomEE from the Application Servers drop-down list:
Embedded OpenEJB makes it great for testing EJBs. Servlets now get access to JPA and Transactions, EJBs get access to Tomcat provided Security. Any Tomcat provided resource files, like context.xml, can be viewed and modified, and you can easily add any additional JAR that your app might need.
Keep an eye on our blog for the further announcements. We will reveal more details in the coming weeks as we get closer to the launch date.
This is just one of the exciting features and updates coming up in Jelastic. This winter will be hot here. Don’t miss it!