The online shopping industry is gaining popularity all over the world, so e-commerce sites are extremely popular nowadays. We can find many options available online to build an e-commerce website, but Magento is considered to be one of the most robust, flexible and scalable open source e-commerce platforms on the market. Magento also includes a wide range of tools to build and manage an online store. It is well known in the developer community for its use of object-oriented programming (OOP) and especially for its use of the EAV model. This allows Magento to be much more versatile than most e-commerce platforms at storing a large range of data.
Following are the main advantages of Magento:
- Magento e-commerce platform has an excellent import function
- It has a well defined code structure
- Out-of-the-box feature set
- Great community and much more…
Let’s deploy it to the Jelastic cloud right now! It’s pretty easy, just follow the few simple steps below.
Create an environment
1. Log into Jelastic Manager.
2. Click Create environment at the top left corner of the dashboard.
3. Pick Apache application server, PHP v5.3 and MySQL database.
In a minute your environment with both Apache and MySQL will be created and appears in the environment list.
4. Check if gd.so module is activated. To do that, click Config button for your Apache server.
5. Navigate to etc folder and open php.ini file
6. If the needed module is not displayed in the list, add extension=gd.so line afterextension=mysql.so as it is shown in the picture below.
7. Save the changes and restart the node.
Upload the application
1. Go to the official Magento web-site, choose .zip format in expandable list and click Download button.
2. Log in or register (if you don’t have an account) in appeared window. After that the downloading will start.
3. Upload the downloaded .zip archive to the Deployment manager.
4. Once the package is in Jelastic, deploy it to the environment you have just created.
1. Once the Magento deployment is finished, click Open in browser button for MySQL node.
2. When you created the environment, Jelastic sent you an email with credentials to the database. Create an account and the database with the application using these credentials.
1. Click the Open in browser button for Apache in your environment.
2. The process of installation is rather simple, but let’s pay more attention to the Database Connection section in the Configuration tab. Fill in the required fields in the following way:
- choose MySQL Database Type
- state Host (insert the link to your database without “http://” and “/”)
- type Database name (which you’ve entered while creating database)
- type User Name (which you’ve entered while creating database or just root)
- type User Password (which you’ve entered while creating database or which you’ve got by email)
- click Continue button
3. Create your admin account. That’s all!
Now you can easily use Magento e-commerce platform in Jelastic PHP Cloud.
Magento is not only user friendly but also beneficial for merchants as they can manage multiple stores by single admin panel. Magento is the perfect shopping cart that meets the requirements of today’s competitive business.
We hope you found this post useful. If you have any experience with Magento please share your viewpoint in the comment section below.