Today at JavaOne we announced Jelastic version 2.4 + Node.js support! There are also a number of new features and improvements to the platform that will blow your mind.
Below is an excerpt from the press release:
The new version broadens Jelastic’s enterprise cloud and multi-language PaaS capabilities by adding Node.js support. Because of the new improvements that 2.4 offers, architects and developers can deploy new or legacy applications to the cloud without code changes, providing them with a scalable, highly-available and secure environment in seconds, and making it ideal for more demanding agile development and DevOps practices.
“The added Node.js support in the Jelastic Cloud opened the platform to a whole new audience. Developers are creatures of habit and they all have their preferred coding languages,” said Ruslan Synytsky, CEO of Jelastic. “That’s why Jelastic was initially architected as a true multilingual platform. Supporting Java, PHP, Ruby, Python and now Node.js, shows our commitment to making it even easier for development and deployment of applications in the cloud, providing instant ROI for enterprises worldwide.”
Jelastic Node.js features:
• Ability to deploy applications from tar, tar.gz, tar.bz2, zip packages across many Node.js nodes
• Ability to deploy applications from GIT or SVN (known as git-push-deploy)
• After application is deployed, Jelastic automatically analyzes dependencies required for a running application and installs them automatically
• Automatic detection of the application startup script
• Smart redirect from shared load balancer (port 80) to any other port (<1024) which is listened by the node server
• Supervisor support (supervisor allows you to change your code on fly without restarting node server)
• Ability to build Node.js cluster with load balancing by a few clicks
• Automatic vertical and horizontal scaling
All the functionalities of NPM are available:
• Automatic determination of the modules’ dependency and their further installation
• Custom scripts execution on pre-deployment and post-deployment stages
• Out-of-the-box integration with deployment and build management tools like Grunt, Brunch, Foreman etc
Read the full release here.