Now Jelastic PaaS can be easily installed on top of Google Cloud Platform to try out the main product features and administrating options within a dedicated testing server before getting a full paid version. This solution is already available within Orbitera Test Drives for installation in just a few clicks.
“This Test Drive is a great opportunity for companies with IT departments to try Jelastic software within a private cloud before buying it – no charge or credit card required, the installation takes a few minutes with minimal technical skills needed and full access to the management tools,” Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and co-founder of Jelastic.
As a result, a user gets a production-ready private Jelastic PaaS inside Google Cloud Platform VM with 15 GB RAM and 8 vCPU at no charge. This installation is available for testing during three days with full access to the developers dashboard and admin panel of the whole cluster, providing a wide range of features:
- Certified Containers Pack
Support of Java, Ruby, Node.JS, PHP, Python and more than 50 certified containers
- Docker Containers Management
Docker containers support with integration to Public and Private Docker Registry
- Fast and Easy Deployment Process
Zero code changes deployment in a few minutes using GIT, SVN, archive or plugins like Maven, Eclipse, IDEA and NetBeans
- Self-Service Portals with Built-in Monitoring
Dev portal for cloud apps deployment and management, Ops panel for cluster administration with built-in monitoring, API, CLI and SSH access to containers
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
Support of Git/SVN and automated continuous integration, delivery and upgrade processes
- Automatic Vertical and Horizontal Scaling
Applications are scaled automatically changing the number of servers, as well as the amount of RAM and CPU inside each container based on the load
So, follow the next steps to get a personal Jelastic Private Cloud for testing.
Create Google Orbitera Account
To get an access to the Jelastic Private Cloud installation image and capacities to run it in, you need to sign up for an Orbitera account first.
1. Navigate to the dedicated Jelastic Test Drive page at Orbitera Marketplace.
Click the CREATE button to register a new account.
2. Fill in some Company and Contact Information for your account.
Click CREATE to proceed.
3. Next, you should verify your account. Check your email inbox for the corresponding message from Orbitera and click on provided link:
You’ll be automatically redirected back to the Orbitera site and informed about successful account verification.
Install Jelastic Private Platform
Now let’s see how to get the Jelastic Private Cloud up and running within Google Cloud Platform hardware.
1. SIGN IN to your Jelastic Test Drive account at Orbitera.
2. Once logged in, select the Jelastic Private Cloud test drive by clicking on the VIEW DETAILS on the corresponding panel.
3. Within the opened page, you can read through the general description on Jelastic Private Cloud Platform and some of its key features.
Сlick the LAUNCH TEST DRIVE button to start automatic installation.
The process will take a while, so be patient and wait for about 20 minutes.
4. After the Jelastic Private Cloud is deployed, your test drive period will be started.
For the active trial, you can check the amount of time remaining and get your administration credentials at the dedicated Orbitera test drive page.
Check After-Installation Emails
As soon as Platform installation is finished, you’ll receive separate emails from both Google Orbitera and Jelastic with details on your test drive and Platform created.
1. The first email notification will contain the information from Orbitera, announcing the successful installation and start of your three days trial.
There you can find the access information, required to manage your platform:
- AdminPanel – Jelastic Cluster Admin (JCA) to configure your Cloud
- AppPanel – user dashboard to host your applications
- AdminUserName and AdminUserPassword – your admin account credentials (the same set is used for both above-mentioned panels)
2. Also, you‘ll receive a similar message from Jelastic, which provides a number of links to the detailed guides with further steps on Platform usage and management.
3. Additionally, as a Cloud Platform admin, you’ll get an email about hardware node addition (physical server, which stores isolated virtual containers, provisioned for users’ environments).
Now, you have all the data required to access your Cloud and start managing.
Start Exploring Jelastic Cloud
Test drive allows to explore both administrator and end-user experience while operating with Jelastic Private Cloud.
1. As an admin user, you get access to Jelastic Cluster Admin panel, intended to customize your Platform (use credentials from email to log in).
Here, you can tune your Private Cloud in a desired way. As a basis of exploration, try to:
- set different settings combinations
- customize user interface elements
- get acquainted with pricing models configuration
- adjust user groups with different level of access
- monitor cluster statistics and user actions, etc
2. To get the end-user experience, refer to Jelastic dashboard where all environments and applications are managed. You can login in with the same set of credentials or, if needed, register a new non-admin account.
From within, you can give a try to the main Jelastic functionality in confines of hosting itself:
- create a new environment
- deploy application
- test automatic vertical and horizontal scaling
- install ready-to-go solution from Marketplace
- work with Docker containers
- manage containers remotely via SSH
- try account collaboration
- and much more
Your Private Cloud will remain available for testing till the trial period expiration. In order to get your own fully-functional Jelastic cluster, get assistance or just share your feedback, please contact us at email@example.com to submit a request and get the details.
Ready to test drive Jelastic? Go ahead!