This is a step-by-step instruction on how to deploy MeshCMS, an online editing system written in Java, into the Jelastic Cloud so you can use it as an inexpensive, hosted CMS. It provides a set of features usually included in a CMS, but it uses a more traditional approach: pages are stored in regular HTML files and all additional features are file-based, without needing a database.
Create the environment
1. Go to jelastic.com and sign up if you haven’t done it yet or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
2. Click Create environment to set up a new environment in Jelastic.
3. In the Environment topology window select Tomcat 6 as your application server, type your environment name, for example, MeshCMS, and click Create.
In a minute your environment with Tomcat will be created.
Upload Java package
1. Go to MeshCMS web site and download the latest MeshCMS version as a zip package.
2. Extract the files from the package, you have just downloaded.
3. Upload the downloaded meshcms.war file using Deployment manager.
4. Once the package is in Jelastic, deploy it to the environment you have created earlier.
Now you can open MeshCMS in a web browser, log in (username: admin, password: admin) and start to use this application.
- How to deploy Vaadin applications to Jelastic cloud (jelastic.com)
- How to deploy PrimeFaces applications into Jelastic cloud (jelastic.com)
- How to deploy Hudson to Jelastic cloud (jelastic.com)
- OpenWGA in the cloud: three-minute deployment guide (jelastic.com)
- How to deploy Google Web Toolkit applications to Jelastic cloud (jelastic.com)