PrestaShop is a solution for selling products online and is open source. Thanks to its open source nature, PrestaShop is 100% free with no license or installation fees. It is completely customizable both visually and by functionality and allows you to benefit from a large developing community. PrestaShop is an online sales platform that is effective, fast and easy to use, even for non-professionals. This explains why over 130 000 shops are already online thanks to PrestaShop. It contains over 310 features and continually growing. All features can be installed and uninstalled in one-click.
With PrestaShop you can manage a dynamic product list through the PrestaShop back-office. If your shop has one product or thousands, this incredible administrative interface lets merchants manage the most complex inventory easily and update with a single click. Import and export quickly, set attributes, sort products, bulk discounts, and much more. Managing products has never been easier with PrestaShop.
Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to deploy PrestaShop, popular all over the world’s online stores platform, into Jelastic PHP cloud.
So, let’s get started!
1. Log in to Jelastic Manager
2. While in Jelastic dashboard, click the Create environment button at the top left.
3. Pick Apache application server, PHP v5.3 and MySQL database.
Wait just a minute for your environment to be created.
1. Go to PrestaShop site, download the latest PrestaShop version as a zip package and upload it using Deployment manager.
2. Once the package is in Jelastic, deploy it to the environment you have just created.
3. For using PrestaShop you need to include gd.so, xcache.so, apc.so, memcache.so modules. For this click Config button for your Apache server, navigate to etc/php.ini and add extension=gd.so, extension=xcache.so, extension=apc.so, extension=memcache.so lines like it is shown on the picture below.
4. Save the changes and restart Apache in order to apply new settings.
1. Click Open in browser button next to the MySQL node.
2. Log in to phpMyAdmin using credentials, which you’ve got via email while creating your environment. Create an account and the same-named database.
1. Open your application in a web browser.
2. Installation is simple, but let’s pay a little attention to the database connection. Just fill in form with database server address, database name, login and password which you’ve used while creating your MySQL user.
3. Configure your shop and enjoy!
PrestaShop is a fully scalable and every day hundreds of new merchants put PrestaShop’s e-commerce software to work on their online commerce sites. Get your online shop in the cloud today!